6.11.2010

Taxiing for Takeoff

Here I am, taking my plane down the runway that is graduation. How do you say goodbye, politely, to your childhood?

I've decided to post a collection of thoughts and things going on recently.

1~   A big thank you to everyone who contributed to and came to my party. It was a blast. I want to have all of you come back, one at a time, so I can actually talk to you!

2~ Though we did not win the concerto competition, it was an educational experience and I'm glad we did it.

3~ Learning bar chords is not something you can do overnight, even if you have strong hands. I do love a musical challenge.

4~ This background does not quite capture my day, as I paddled up and down a rather small stretch of a rather slow river.

5~ I wonder what the movie The Brothers Bloom is like.

6~ I hope whatever is hitting its head against the window behind me does not hurt itself.

7~ I am excited about the new Chopin preludes book I've been told to buy. I'll have all of them, right at my fingertips, just waiting for me to play them! Joy! Alas, I have to decide which edition to get; the untried-yet-scholarly edition which contains stories behind the songs, the favored-yet-expensive, or the cheap-o?

8~ Have you ever had a staycation, where you take a week off and go sight-seeing close to home? That's what I'm doing right now, starting today, and I'm not sure I'm going to get to all the places I want to see. But hey, it's day one and I already have a sunburn. I must be on vacation.

9~ First goal for the summer: work on pushups.

10~ Thought: the zombie voice for alerts on Macs is quite creepy at 10:40pm, even when you're expecting it to say "you're now running on reserve battery power". *shivers*

11~ Second summer goal: work on guitar.

12~ I have to choose: iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad? Tough one.

13~ Poison ivy, be gone! Rats. It's still there. Ugh.

14~ Now the thing on the window is playing a drumroll. o_O

15~ I like green.

16~ I miss the loons in Maine.

17~ Arrivederci

4 comments:

  1. Something is banging it's head against the window behind you?!

    I have an iTouch and it's cool I would probably go with the iPhone if you can afford the plan, because it does everything the iTouch does, only it's a phone + you have internet access anywhere, which is a big thing I miss with the touch. The iPad does seem like the most awesome thing right now though. I'm just not sure what I would actually use one for if I had it. Probably just put it on a cushion on my desk and stare at it in awe for a few days.

    So anyhow, sorry for the rant on Macintosh devices... but they are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your blog background is really neat, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW, sorry you didn't win! And I hope you poison ivy rash gets better soon. And your staycation sounds like sooo much fun! Are you sure you weren't influenced by the Adventures in Odyssey episode a week or two ago?

    I would tend to think you should get an iphone. The ipad is really cool, but you already have a computer......

    really, the decisions up to you hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you were up late, Andrew.

    It must have been a gargantuan moth or something, acting like its favorite rock band.

    I like to rant about Apple devices too. I can't at home, because Dad and MIcah are yet to be won over. Yeah, I would like to try the iPad, but like Mattea said, school already requires a Macbook, so why bother? I'd rather have something I can stick in my pocket. AT&T plans seem expensive. It looks like I'm going to be on tracfone for a while longer. Unless I end up using more minutes at school than I do now. Unlikely.

    Actually, Mattea, Mom probably was influenced by that Odyssey. I love the cuckoo clock part, har har. I miss the Barclays.

    I think this background might stick around for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete