8.18.2010

Everything Is New Again

Things I love:

My room, my roommate
       My classes, my teachers
   My instruments, my life

I can't wait to get my schedule set in stone and start classes. It all feels so unreal, yet so comfortable. I love this campus and all my new friends. I'm so happy!!!! Soli deo gloria, definitely. Amen and amen, again and again.

"Enough rhyming. I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?" - Princess Bride

That was the quote of the week. Stay tuned for the song of the week. : )

So here I am, reclining on my new bedspread, typing on my new computer, listening to some new music. Today I thought I had to take a music theory test, but that didn't happen. I thought I was going to have to audition on the viola, which would have been really bad because I didn't prepare the excerpt. But that isn't the case either. The cafeteria had spinach, kale and fruit tonight. Life is good!

I'm skipping out on the laser tag because I haven't had much down time. I did get to practice for an hour today, which was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l. (Yay for alliteration!) The only downer is that my English AP credit isn't here, which makes things a little tricky. Nevertheless, my advisors are super helpful so I'm sure everything will work out.

My roommate is amazing. I can't believe how similar we are, still. I have the best quadmates and RA, too. Everyone is very considerate and mild-mannered and lighthearted. We're going to have sooooo much fun.

Tomorrow at 8:30am I have to report to vocal auditions. Yeah, I know, it's not even in my top three instruments, but I have to do it since there is no piano ensemble and I can't be in orchestra yet. Just watch. I'll get in that orchestra.

Time for some stats. There are about 35 freshman music therapy majors, 650 freshman total, and 3,500 students total.

Random: I like how we can see what's going on between the dorms from our window. Nice.

And now I will share my favorite lyrics of the week with you. Here we go:

It was love that set this fragile planet rolling
Tilting at our perfect twenty-three
Molecules and men infused with holy
Finding our way around the galaxy
And Paradise has up and flown away for now
But hope still breathes and truth is always true
And just when we think it's almost over
Love has the final move
Love has the final move  -Chris Rice, The Final Move
                

4 comments:

  1. HURRAY!!

    I'm so glad that most everything is working out!!

    What sort of new computer??

    *hugs and a dance of happiness sent your way*

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a macbook pro! : )

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics of the dorm are great! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete